Best Joomla Template by Web Design

Student Grievance Policy

Published: Sunday, 24 March 2019

Students have the right to discuss any grievance with his or her instructor/administrator.  Written appeals may be made to the School Director.  If a student has exhausted the school’s grievance procedure and still claims to be aggrieved, the student has the right to appeal to the Secretary of the Maryland Higher Education Commission (see the instructions and address below).

If you are unsatisfied with a school's decision (action) regarding your complaint, you may submit a written complaint to Maryland Higher Education Commission (the school licensing agency) and the Maryland Office of the Attorney General Consumer Affairs department. Written complaints should be mailed or faxed to as follows:

Associate Director for Private Career Schools
Planning and Academic Affairs
Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 N. Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201

Maryland Office of the Attorney General
Consumer Affairs
200 St Paul Place
Baltimore, MD 21202
888-743-0023 / 410-528-8662

MHEC FAX: 410- 332-0270  Attention:  Associate Director for Private Career Schools

The student may also consider filing a complaint with NACCAS, the agency from whom the school is accredited by.  NACCAS, 3015 Colvin Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314, (TEL) 703-600-7600, (FAX) 703-379-2200. 

Information to provide in the written complaint:

  1. Your name, address, and daytime telephone number.
  2. The name and address of the school.
  3. A clear description of the unresolved issue including the following information:
  • Dates and timelines, and
  • Names and titles of school personnel involved.
  1. Copies of any documents to support your claim.
  2. Statement of the solution you are seeking.
  3. Your signature.
  4. Receive Notice of MHEC's Findings:  Upon receipt of a written student complaint, MHEC will follow the grievance procedures identified below.  Note that the student and the school will be notified of MHEC's findings after a review of the student's complaint and the school's response to the complaint.

MHEC's Procedure for Processing Student Grievances:

  1. MHEC will notify the school of the student's complaint by forwarding a copy of the written complaint to the school director for review and comment.
  2. The school (director) will be required to provide MHEC with a written response to the complaint within ten (10) days of its receipt.
  3. When necessary, MHEC will require the school and student to submit additional information.
  4. The findings of MHEC's inquiry will be reported to the student and the school.